Chatbots are not the future. They are the present.
90% of the time when you visit the internet for anything, you are greeted by a chatbot. Maybe in the form of commenting bots, or even malware bots that are used to spread viruses. But the most actively used and progressive chatbots are the ones used by businesses to boost their company’s growth through chatbot marketing, customer engagement and support.
These chatbots are everywhere.
The biggest companies are using it. There is barely any social media platform where a chatbot cannot be used. Chatbots ARE the future of marketing. And it is better to start now than to be late to the party.
Latecomers never get the cake, but we want you to get the cake and eat it too.
Consider this blog an invitation to our chatbot party. But before that, here is a rundown of everything you need to know to not get left out.
What are Marketing Chatbots?
Marketing chatbots are software programs built to automate marketing and customer engagement functions. Chatbots are an example of cutting-edge technology that engages users through messaging platforms, like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, or websites, to provide quick responses to customer queries, product recommendations, personalized content, and even carry the whole end-to-end process of purchase. Most chatbots follow a set of rules programmed, others are automated with artificial intelligence and machine learning. This allows them to hold complex conversations with users and answer complicated questions to create a better customer experience for a business.
Chatbots are the best way of automating customer engagement in a fast and accessible manner, making them an exciting tool in the user experience environment. On top of all this, Chatbots have been one of the most significant digital marketing trends in 2023, bound to draw more acceptability, conversions and aid for inventions.
Did you know?
The first chatbot ever was a bot named ELIZA built in 1966.
Since then, a number of chatbots have been built, ranging from Jabberwacky(1988) all the way to our current best friends Siri(2010), Google Assistant(2012) and Alexa(2014).
This development has truly changed the game.
From using a lead generation bot to attract prospective customers browsing through your company's business or socials and converting them to Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs), to using AI bots to interact with a larger, targeted audience and enhance engagement by being available 24/7. Chatbots have come a long way.
They not only help bring in leads but interact with and understand customers to collect necessary data, and give more personalized responses and recommendations through real-time responses. All while being a cost-effective resource that allows a business owner or marketer to focus on conceptualizing optimal and more successful marketing strategies for their brand.
Benefits of Marketing Chatbots:
1. Personalized Customer Interaction: Chatbots engage with customers in a friendly, conversational way using technology. They can understand and answer questions, providing personalized information in real-time.
2. Lead Generation: Chatbots on websites can start conversations with visitors, collect basic information like emails, and segment leads for future marketing efforts.
3. 24/7 Availability: Unlike humans, chatbots are available 24/7, providing customer assistance anytime, anywhere, making it convenient for customers.
4. Cost-Effective: Chatbots are a cost-effective alternative to hiring a large customer service team. They handle multiple tasks and inquiries at once, freeing up human resources.
5. Data Collection: Chatbots collect and analyze customer data, helping businesses understand customer behavior and preferences to improve marketing strategies.
6. Increased Efficiency: Chatbots automate routine tasks and inquiries, reducing wait times and improving overall response times.
7. Scalability: Chatbots can easily handle a growing number of customer inquiries as a business expands.
Let's examine two companies that have achieved remarkable success through the use of chatbots.
History of Sephora's Chatbot Success:
Sephora is one of the first brands to integrate chatbots. This France-based top beauty and self-care brand started using its first bot in 2016 on the Canadian messaging platform, Kik.
*** Sephora, a top beauty brand, started using chatbots in 2016 on a messaging app called Kik.
*** Their goal was to offer personalized product recommendations and orders through the chatbot.
*** Sephora chose Kik to attract younger customers.
*** After launching the chatbot, they found customers loved chatting with the brand on Kik, sending about ten messages per day.
*** Today, Sephora is one of the biggest beauty brands globally, still using chatbots to enhance customer experiences.
1. Kik Bot: Offers product suggestions, reviews, makeup tips, and more through quizzes and emojis.
2. Facebook Messenger Bots:
*** Reservation Assistant: Lets you book makeover appointments at Sephora stores with an 11% higher conversion rate compared to other channels.
*** Virtual Artist: Helps you find makeup products that match your skin tone by scanning an image.
Another Example of an Innovative Chatbot Marketing Strategy is Mountain Dew.
Mountain Dew's Chatbot Campaign:
Mountain Dew as the self-proclaimed “unofficial fuel of gamers,” used chatbot marketing to directly connect with its consumer base and used a chatbot to engage their gaming enthusiast customers in the most outstanding way.
*** Mountain Dew, known as the "unofficial fuel of gamers," used a chatbot to connect with gamers.
*** They partnered with Twitch and Origin PC for the "Rig Up" campaign.
*** Created DEWBot, a custom chatbot for Twitch, offering exclusive content and prizes, including a $50,000 gaming rig.
*** Streamed episodes for 8 weeks, engaging gaming enthusiasts.
*** DEWBot collected data from users, helping Mountain Dew understand the Twitch community better.
*** The campaign was a huge success, increasing Mountain Dew's Twitch fanbase, with thousands of hours of branded content watched.
*** These examples show how big brands like Sephora and Mountain Dew used chatbots to connect with customers and achieve remarkable results. But chatbot marketing can also work for smaller businesses to generate leads and improve results.
How you will use ChatPion for marketing:
1. Introduction to ChatPion: ChatPion is a powerful marketing tool that combines various features like Facebook Messenger Bots, email and text messaging, and social media posting in one place.
2. Benefits of ChatPion for Marketing:
Conversational Commerce: ChatPion allows businesses to engage in real-time conversations with customers, providing personalized experiences.
Messenger Storefront: Businesses can create a storefront within Facebook Messenger, making it easy for customers to browse and buy products.
Personalization: ChatPion uses customer data to recommend products tailored to their preferences.
Abandoned Cart Recovery: It helps recover lost sales by sending reminders with discounts to customers who abandoned their shopping carts.
Multichannel Marketing: ChatPion works across various social media platforms, expanding your reach.
User-Friendly: It offers tutorials and documentation for easy setup.
Multifunctional Tool: ChatPion simplifies marketing tasks, including post scheduling, automated replies, and lead collection.
Unique Customer Experiences: ChatPion offers tailored recommendations and guidance to enhance the shopping experience.
3. Getting Started with ChatPion for Marketing:
*** Sign up for ChatPion and explore its features.
*** Customize chatbots to engage with customers on Facebook Messenger.
*** Use the Messenger Storefront to showcase and sell your products.
*** Leverage customer data to offer personalized product recommendations.
*** Implement abandoned cart recovery strategies to bring back potential customers.
*** Connect ChatPion with various social media platforms for broader marketing efforts.
*** Explore ChatPion's user-friendly resources and tutorials to maximize its potential.
*** Utilize ChatPion's multifunctional capabilities, such as post scheduling and lead collection.
*** Enhance customer experiences by providing tailored guidance and recommendations.
ChatPion is a versatile marketing tool that simplifies marketing tasks and enhances customer engagement. It allows businesses to create personalized experiences, recover lost sales, and expand their reach across different channels. By exploring its features and resources, businesses can effectively use ChatPion for marketing purposes.
How ChatPion Helps Grow Your Business:
1. 24/7 Customer Support: ChatPion's chatbot answers customer questions and offers support around the clock, enhancing customer satisfaction and loyalty.
2. Marketing Automation: ChatPion automates tasks like email campaigns, social media posts, and lead generation, freeing up your time to focus on other business aspects.
3. Expanding Online Presence: ChatPion's social media management tool helps you schedule and track posts, reaching a wider audience and generating more leads.
4. Direct Selling on Messenger: ChatPion's e-commerce platform enables direct product sales through Facebook Messenger and Instagram, attracting new customers and increasing sales.
5. Affordable: ChatPion is budget-friendly, making it accessible for businesses of all sizes.
6. User-Friendly: Even if you're not tech-savvy, ChatPion is easy to use.
7. Scalable: ChatPion can grow with your business, adapting to your needs regardless of its size.
8. Customer Support: ChatPion offers excellent customer support to help you get the most from the platform.
ChatPion is an all-in-one digital marketing tool that streamlines various aspects of your business, from customer support to marketing and sales. It's budget-friendly, easy to use, and can scale with your business, making it a valuable asset for business growth.
Marketing in 2023
The last 2 years of Covid lockdown have brought in a lot of change in the digital sector. The AI technology sector has thus grown massively in the time people were stuck in their homes. The world has become digitised and there is more scope in digital marketing than ever before.
One can say that digital marketing has become the main form of marketing in the new post covid times. Selling your product has never been easier. Selling your product has never been harder. The world is rapidly changing and competition keeps increasing.
Future of Chatbot
"Looking ahead, the future of chatbots in marketing is quite exciting. These smart, AI-driven helpers are set to become even more valuable. They'll get better at understanding us, learning from our conversations, and even expressing emotions like humans do.
In the world of marketing, AI will keep playing a big role. It helps businesses work smarter by using things like machine learning to understand customers and create more effective marketing campaigns. With AI, we can segment customers better, make personalized messages, and optimize advertising.
For chatbots, they will continue to shine in marketing. They'll keep using AI to understand our language, adapt to different platforms, and even figure out how we're feeling when we talk to them. Plus, they'll always be available, cost-effective, and keep improving. So, expect chatbots to keep making marketing better and better in the future.